IMPORTANT! Please make sure that you backup your files to a computer before you update your tablet's firmware. All content will be deleted. You can re-download your purchased and/or free apps from the Amazon Appstore once the firmware update is completed.
READ ME FIRST: This step must be performed on a computer. Trying to download this file on your tablet will result in an unsuccessful firmware download as the file cannot be unzipped on our Polaroid tablets. Please read through the instructions before proceeding. We recommend printing these instructions so you can refer to them while performing the firmware upgrade. At this time please close all running programs on your computer which are not related to this upgrade.
1. On your computer, please log on to www.southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/firmware
2. Select "PMID701c - Android 2.3 - download link"
3. Then select "Save As" (we recommend saving it to your computer's desktop where you can easily find it when needed).
Once the file has finished downloading, you must unzip the file.
4. Go to your computer's desktop (or wherever you saved the file to) and extract the file "PMID701C Firmware 2.3"
Note: you will need to have a zip program such as 7-Zip, WinZip or WinRAR to unzip the files. If you do not already have a zip program, then Download 7-zip here.
7. Double-click the application named "LiveSuit.exe". If the following screen appears, go to step 8, if not, go to step 12.
8. Click "OK"
9. Double-click on the application “LiveSuitPack_version1.07_2011026.exe”, the following screen appears:
10. Click on “Install this driver software anyway”, then wait for the driver to install.
11. Double-click the application named “LiveSuit.exe” , the following screen will appear:
12. Click “Yes”..
13. Click “Format”.
14. Click “Next”.
15. Click “Yes”. The following screen will appear:
16. Use the drop-down window titled “Look in” to find the folder titled “PMID701C Firmware 2.3” (which you previously downloaded to your desktop).
17. Then double-click on the .img file named "PMID701C_firmware_2.3.img" and the following screen will appear:
18. Make sure the tablet is powered OFF. You can double check this by quick-pressing the power button to see if the tablet is still powered on.
19. Plug the large end of the USB cable to an available USB port on your computer.
20. With the tablet powered OFF, press and HOLD the MENU button (do not release). While holding the MENU button down, insert the small end of the USB cable into the tablet’s USB port. You will hear a beep, then another beep, at this time, release the MENU button. The following screen will appear:
21. Click “Yes”.
22. Click “Yes”. The tablet will start upgrading. Be sure you DO NOT unplug the tablet from the computer during this process. You will see the yellow process bar filling. When it reaches 100%, wait for the “OK” message to appear.
23. When the yellow process bar reaches 100%, wait for the following screen to appear:
24. Click “OK” then disconnect your tablet from the computer.
25. Your PMID701C tablet has now been upgraded to Android 2.3.